My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

A veterinary surgeon at www.toapayohvets.com and founder of a licensed housing agency for expatriate rentals and sales at www.asiahomes.com

Friday, December 22, 2006

38. The maid took the Jack Russell out every 2 hours

Dec 23, 2006



"It has been a long time ago," the maid sighed when I asked how the 6-month-old Jack Russell was toilet trained in the house.

She had taken a taxi to bring the dog for an anti-heartworm injection. One yearly injection to prevent the heartworms from developing and living inside her heart instead of having to take the tablets monthly.

"What happen during the first week after purchase?" I persisted, in the interest of my toilet training research. I did not expect any new information since I had interviewed more than 400 cases.

The Filipino maid laughed, "She peed and pooped all over the house for the first 3 weeks. A dog trainer advised my mistress to take the puppy out of the house every two hours."



"Every 2 hours?" I was surprised.

"Yes," she said. "In my neighbourhood, all occupants do not like the house to be dirty." I would think nobody likes a puppy eliminating everywhere inside the house or apartment.

"Was the toilet training successful?"

"Yes. Now the dog would whine to go out if she needed to," the maid said. "But she would just have to go to the puppy training pad at the corner of the living area, if I don't have time to take her outside the house on a leash."

The dog would not be allowed to go out on her own as she might escape.

This was a success story. The maid was good in her job too.



Jack Russell, Female, 6 months old.
Lives: House
Toilet location:
Outside the house - Whines to go out. Maid will take her out.
Puppy Training Pad at one corner of the room - if the maid has no time to carry her out.
Feeding: 2 times per day.
Water bowl: Water anytime.
Poops: Before and after breakfast.

How often do you change the puppy training pad (diapers)?

The dog will not pee onto the pad after 4 times. She will pee outside the pad area. Dogs naturally want to be clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home